Careers Wales provides free and impartial careers information advice and guidance to support anyone making education or employment decisions. We are here to help young people and adults make career plans and decisions, to move into the right training, further learning or employment opportunities. Our services focus on supporting customers to develop self-awareness and aspirations to equip them to make effective career decisions throughout their lives. Find out more about Careers Wales.
Our school career adviser is Rhiannon Churchill and you can contact her by using the following email address:
Our main aim is to provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum to every pupil in the school by:
- meeting all the statutory requirements of the National Curriculum
- developing a range of skills based upon the Literacy, Numeracy and Digital Competence Frameworks
- nurturing positive attitudes in every individual enabling him/her to adapt in a flexible manner to new ideas and situations
- promoting the ability in individuals to work independently and in teams to solve problems and to decide upon appropriate ways to accomplish tasks
- helping every individual to develop personal standards which exhibit sensitivity towards other peoples’ needs and become caring and responsible adults
- motivating each individual to reach his/her full potential, by actively involving pupils in the process of self-evaluation and action planning to make further progress promoting equal opportunity and the principle of respecting every individual who is a member of the school community and the extended community
- promoting Welshness and the Curriculum Cymreig and fostering an awareness of the nation’s heritage and culture as well as an understanding of, and respect towards, other cultures
- promoting a world wide awareness of environmental and sustainability issues
- promoting an awareness of healthy living and eating healthily
- developing an understanding of the requirements of the world of work and offer an opportunity to follow vocational courses
- ensuring progression and continuation between key stages
- ensuring a wide range of informal learning experiences.