For more information about the school, you may wish to visit a Welsh Government website which provides statistical information on every maintained school in Wales.
The website, mylocalschool.gov.wales, contains hundreds of thousands of pieces of data providing an accessible, valuable information portal for parents and carers and those interested in school education statistics in Wales.
The site allows users to view a range of statistical information about an individual school including: Contextual information such as the type of school, school population, how many teachers.
Attainment at GCSE and A level, together with school categorisation information, are presented, in addition to financial information such as expenditure per school.
A link to the most recent Estyn report. Click here to see the latest school information on our Performance / Staffing / Budget / Courses / Benchmarking / Attendance.
Our main aim is to provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum to every pupil in the school by:
- meeting all the statutory requirements of the Curriculum
- developing a range of skills based upon the Literacy, Numeracy and Digital Competence Frameworks
- nurturing positive attitudes in every individual enabling him/her to adapt in a flexible manner to new ideas and situations
- promoting the ability in individuals to work independently and in teams to solve problems and to decide upon appropriate ways to accomplish tasks
- helping every individual to develop personal standards which exhibit sensitivity towards other peoples’ needs and become caring and responsible adults
- motivating each individual to reach his/her full potential, by actively involving pupils in the process of self-evaluation and action planning to make further progress promoting equal opportunity and the principle of respecting every individual who is a member of the school community and the extended community
- promoting Welshness and the Curriculum Cymreig and fostering an awareness of the nation’s heritage and culture as well as an understanding of, and respect towards, other cultures
- promoting a world wide awareness of environmental and sustainability issues
- promoting an awareness of healthy living and eating healthily
- developing an understanding of the requirements of the world of work and offer an opportunity to follow vocational courses
- ensuring progression and continuation between key stages
- ensuring a wide range of informal learning experiences.